It is always best for everyone if you can prepare your own funeral in advance. Your family will be grateful for the convenience of not having to deal with costly funeral and can focus on grieving instead of searching for the best funeral home to prepare you for the wake and burial. It may seem not normal to others to prepare for one’s funeral in advance but in practical sense, it is a must. It will also avoid unexpected expenses from the survivors who will be sourcing out funds just to give the most affordable funeral services for their deceased loved one. Planning a funeral in advance is important if you consider the rising costs of everything that is related to death. If the present prevailing cost is around $8,000 for full funeral services, then imagine how much it will cost your loved ones after ten to twenty years. There is no perfect time to prepare but now. If you want an elegant and perfect way to leave the world when the time comes, start investing for pre-need plans for you and your loved ones’ funeral. Do not neglect this major event in your life. It is cheaper to invest now that experienced stress when it comes. You can never tell when it will happen. Do not fool yourself by telling that you do not need it. Because when the reality of death occurs, the inconvenience of being unprepared is stressful for the surviving family. So, if you want to have a stress-free funeral in the future, be wise and consider the following tips:
1. Study your choicesThere are family-owned funeral homes that are actually operating for a corporation which has acquired its ownership but retain previous owners to operate the business. Funeral corporations usually charge 30-40% higher rates than local business owners.
2. Compare the pricesThe industry law governing funeral homes require them to provide General Price List to potential clients. The list must include all the products and services they offer and the costs. Ask for a copy so you can study and compare it with others. You can also avail of their cost-saving service packages which is more convenient. Just check if the services or products fit your preferences. You can also make preferences and ask for the package cost for what you have selected. Do not make instant decisions, double check every detail before signing any prepaid funeral services.
3. You can also choose to include funeral services cost in your life insurance.It is cheaper than directly buying a funeral plan from funeral homes. This clause in your life plan insurance will help your survivors plan your funeral without the stress of thinking where to get the fund.
4. You can also have the option to use casket from local retailers.If you do not want to include the product in your funeral plan with the service providers.They are required to allow their clients to use preferred casket purchased from other shops. They are also prohibited to charge extra cost of handling fee when the family use outside caskets for their deceased loved one.
5. Consult the whole family about your decisionIt is better for the whole family to decide on this future but major decision. Clear and unanimous decision necessary if the cost of paying in advance or monthly payments can affect the family budget. Explain to them why you are preparing for the future. Decide on the amount you can spare to materialize your plan. Stick to the budget that you can afford then start getting funeral plans for you and your loved ones.
Gentry Griffey offer complete funeral services. And we also provide all services like cremation services, cremation homes services, burial etc. You can visit out website www.gentrygriffey.com for more details.